NEW APPLICATIONS FOR BIG ISLAND ONLY
DO NOT COMPLETE UNLESS YOU HAVE CALLED TO BE PRESCREENED FIRST
Please READ or PRINT instructions and tips before clicking the link to the DOH.
- Go to https://medmj.ehawaii.gov and click the ‘CREATE FREE ACCOUNT’ link.
- Make yourself an ‘egov’ account using your email address and make up your own password. (Keep your password and do not lose it. You will need it again.)
- After your account is set up and your email is verified, sign into https://medmj.ehawaii.gov and fill out the application.
- CHARLES WEBB is the first and last name of the physician, not your PCP.
- Your information is the next page.
- Double check details as you go. Errors on the application can delay your card.
- Caregiver (if applicable) must be fully filled out on the appropriate page.
- You must have the signed papers and IDs for both of you.
- Papers can be obtained from the ‘Get it here’ button on the upload documents page. (three pages total)
- READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY and mark each box correctly, sign/initial in the appropriate spots.
- If you cannot attach signed papers you will need to bring them to your appointment.
- We need both IDs prior to the appointment. Either scan then upload them or text/email them to us.
- Check off grow site box or opt to not have a grow site.
- Upload a picture of your ID. (only the ID that you filled in info for) If you cannot attach the ID then you must send it to our email firstname.lastname@example.org or text them to us at 808-430-4763
- Scroll to bottom of the last page and select the type of card for the payment.
- Read through and e-sign the ‘Terms and Agreements’.
- Pay the annual $38.50 application fee to the Department of Health using a credit/debit card.
- Write down your APPLICATION NUMBER and call 808-430-4763 or email email@example.com to schedule your appointment.
Tips for Applications:
- Your name MUST MATCH YOUR ID EXACTLY.
- SUFFIX BOX is for Jr, Sr, or III (only if on ID) NOT for Mrs, Mr, Dr, etc...
- Your address must contain Rd, St, Hwy, Ln, Blvd, etc.
- Residential address and mailing address (if different) need to be in correct boxes.
ONLY USE LINE 2 BOX IF ADDRESS IS VERY LONG
- Check off the correct island under residential address. ** HAWAII **
- The ID number is your Driver License, State ID or Passport. Make sure that matches EXACTLY.
- All Hawaii driver license start with the letter H followed by ALL NUMBERS. Not the letter “O” (example: H01234567)
- If it is from out of state then match it up exactly. Using dashes if they are there.
- The Expiration Date field on the application is your ID's expiration date.
- Any TEMPORARY ID being used must have the temporary exportation date.
- Check off “planned or active grow site” if you think you might grow your own medicine. (It is easier to have it and not use it than to do the paperwork to add it on later in the year.)